So my dad had to come to Australia for work (what a shame, right?), and while he was here he was able to visit me for about a week. We drove up to Cairns, a 4 hr drive north, for the weekend and visited this little village in the middle of the jungle called Kuranda. It was pretty cool, we got to cuddle koalas and feed/pet kangaroos, and also see the village a bit. Dad was a bit to tired to walk through the rainforest, but I have lots of intentions of going back up there (possibly for a John Butler Trio & Zenith concert!!!) and checking that all out. Anyway, here's some pics of Kuranda..
 |
| Train ride up the mountain! |
 |
| ...and this was our view about half the time |
 |
| another view from the train |
 |
| Dad and I |
 |
| Waterfall! The train drove straight past this and even slowed down so we could see it (one of many on the way up!) |
 |
| me standing outside the train when we stopped to see one of the waterfalls |
 |
| Awww they're kissing, how adorable! Now these are real CROCS. |
 |
| Wallaby! |
 |
| Kangaroos!! |
 |
| Koalas! |
 |
| I kissed it! ...Then I got an eye infection ): Probably a bad idea, but they were so cute! |
 |
| Dad and I cuddling the Koala bear again! |
 |
| They enjoyed the food (: |
 |
| Artwork in the village |
 |
| There were lots of shops in here with aboriginal artifacts and cute (but expensive!) clothes |
 |
| More abo (aboriginal) artwork on the ground |
 |
| And to get back down we took a skylift.. it was pretty cool |
 |
| View of the jungle/village with more mountains in the background |
 |
| Rainforest! |
 |
| HUGE spiders.. these were everywhere when I got off the gondola to go to the bathroom during one of its stops. This was probably as big as my hand..! |
No comments:
Post a Comment