20.3.12

Rainy Season?

So rainy season came a bit late this year, and as it should have been just about done around this time, it has pretty much just begun. It's been raining nonstop here for a few days, and it's pretty wild. And I thought I've seen lots of rain before.. it's quite ridiculous here.

This photo was taken from a sidewalk which I take every day to class.. If you can see, just beyond the flooded sidewalk is a bridge (does a lot of good, I'd say...)


Anyway, as much as the rain sucks, we all just thought it was heavy rain. Little did we know/expect... We got a mini tornado here last night!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-20/mini-tornado-hits-townsville/3900808

If you can't see that link.. Here's some photos of the damage we got in Townsville:


Those are just pictures from the news article I had attached..


This photo is of my friend's back yard.. this actually happened before the tornado hit (shows how much wind we've been getting, along with all the damn rain!)
The thing under the blue tarp would be a boat, and next to is is a fence surrounding his pool (These trees were not really even close to that before, considering they were on the OTHER side of his pool.



Don't worry Mom and Dad, I'm fine.. Slept like a baby straight through the tornado (of course I would). Just thought you'd all be interested by the things we get over here.. Haha and everyone thought it was a cyclone coming through.. quite wild!


Now I'm just hoping Cairns (which is 4 hours north) is not in as bad of a condition so my dives this weekend go well!


Cheers guys,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment