6.3.12

Maggie Island

I got my dad to ride down to the strand with me and we hopped on a ferry to a nearby island called Magnetic Island. We didn't bring our bathing suits, sadly, but still had a nice day on the island. We rented a topless car which looked like something from the Flinstone's and we drove around to all the different islands.

Leaving Townsville ferry station.. on the way to Maggie

Arriving at Maggie Island!

I was gonna drive, then the guy said it was stick shift.. Dad told me I couldn't drive ): Maybe I should have though.. considering he almost got us killed driving on the right side of the road!

Beautiful view off the island



Random beached boat

Dock, probably destroyed by Yasi (cyclone that blew through last year)

golf course on the island, dad appreciated this one

I liked the artwork (:



No idea what this sign means, but they were all over the place

Cemetary... check out how there are fences around all the graves.. interesting.

Cute little town


Right off the beach, toilets (bathrooms) and such?


The island's marina.. had to take a pic!

And the best sign of all! I made my dad turn around just so I could snag a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment